It is said that a photograph says a thousand words. I am renewing my resolve to take one photo per day for an approximate total of 365,000 unspoken words.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One of those Wednesday mornings: 2/24/10

Choo Choooo!

I thought I was headed for "one of those days" as a comedy of errors unveiled itself to me this morning.
  1. I arrived at the Metropark train station just in time to miss the train.
  2. All trains after that were running behind.
  3. I got on the next train which was running 7 minutes late.
  4. The NJ Transit employee said to me "Ma'am, this train doesn't go to Hamilton." Awesome.
  5. I got off at New Brunswick to take the next train (running 6 minutes late).
  6. Got on that train and my phone went off to remind me of my doctor's appointment. I was due in the office 15 minutes later. Somehow, I thought the appointment was tomorrow. I booked this appointment 6 weeks ago, and have been waiting to get back to find out the next steps toward righting my continual stomach discomfort.
  7. I called the doctor's office, and was told to come in anyway. I made it there 40 minutes late.
  8. I got taken back to the exam room after sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours.
(At least it waited to rain until after I got home from class...at 11.)

Fortunately, the day ended well. My weekend plans worked out. ella got a bath so she wasn't so stinky anymore. I feel good about class and all that I'm accomplishing. I had a pleasant dinner of pancakes and a cup of tea at the diner while studying. It helped to round out the day. It didn't end as "one of those days" as it had begun.

I'm off to snuggle my sweet-smelling, sweet girl and wake up to a new day. Goodnight moon. And snowfall...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment